Sunday, September 19, 2004, 8:44:49 AM, you wrote:

k> Yes, Mike Shula’s job is to win football games. But Saturday night’s
k> football game was clearly won at halftime. The only mystery left was
k> whether Western Carolina would score at all. At that point, Alabama
k> already had 31 points. It could have put any player on the team in for
k> Croyle - not just Marc Guillon, the backup quarterback, but any player
k> on the roster - and Western Carolina could not have won the game.

k> So what exactly was Croyle doing on the field? Sharpening his passing
k> skills? Putting on an exhibition for Arkansas scouts?

Cecil is not wrong. Cecil is right on.

Brodie is out and it's 100% due to piss-poor coaching.
Shula has a history of leaving Brodie in the game when Alabama has an
insurmountable lead. He gambled with Bama's #1 asset one time too many
and freakin' LOST.

I've been a Shula fan & supporter. I still am, I guess. Had this been
Shula's first time leaving Brodie in too long then I could forgive and
forget. Not this time. Shula was irresponsible last night again. Now
Bama is probably fucked again for the year.

Way to go coach. Just beautiful. Do you just not want to succeed?