I'm having a similar problem, the difference is I have the driver directly
linked into the kernel (ne.o).  The initialization sequence does not appear
to locate the driver or the card.  What can I do to test will the ne2k
diagnostic work when the driver is driectly linked into the kernel.  I've
tried 'ifconfig' and it only locates the lo device
Thanks in advance for any help
Bob Warner