On Tue, 30 May 2000, Ramon Costa i [iso-8859-1] Castelló wrote:

> In order to interface with a digital sensor,
> I need to generate a certain wave form over
> one pin of the parallel port.
>
> The wave form in defined by a main
> period (which I generate with a periodic task).

It is almost the same as I am doing, I am just making pulses on different
pins of pararel port in a synchronized way. The jitter is around 1
microsecond.

I have it running under RTL v1.3 2.0.38 kernel, but it should be easy to port
to 2.2.

Get http://crds.chemie.unibas.ch/PCI-MIO-E/pcontrol-0.4.3.tar.gz
look into crdst.c and rt*.c

See especially functions build_schedule(struct event *pl) and
scheduler(struct event * tasks)

The code is a bit unreadable, but it has gone through long evolution and
useless genes still hang around.

Best regards,
--
Tomek