On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 04:13:03PM +0200, Wilken Boie wrote:

> If you _do_ need it from the RT side you could look at this package
>    ftp://ftp.lineoisg.com/pub/rtnet/rtnet-0.9.0.tgz).
> It is restricted though in serveral ways (e.g. support for UDP only and
> currently only on type of NIC).
                 ^^

two!?!?!  (I worked very hard for the second NIC. =) )

Actually, the reason that there aren't more supported is because
tulip devices are a) cheap, b) reliable, c) multi-vendor and d)
available in many different configurations, including multiple-
channel, PCMCIA, 100baseT, fiber, etc.  I also don't have time.

If anyone has other good chipset candidates, I'll put it on
My List.

dave...