David Schleef schrieb:

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 04:13:03PM +0200, Wilken Boie wrote:
> >
> > If you _do_ need it from the RT side you could look at this package
> >    ftp://ftp.lineoisg.com/pub/rtnet/rtnet-0.9.0.tgz).
> > It is restricted though in serveral ways (e.g. support for UDP only and
> > currently only on type of NIC).
>                  ^^
>
> two!?!?!  (I worked very hard for the second NIC. =) )
>
> Actually, the reason that there aren't more supported is because
> tulip devices are a) cheap, b) reliable, c) multi-vendor and d)
> available in many different configurations, including multiple-
> channel, PCMCIA, 100baseT, fiber, etc.  I also don't have time.
>
> If anyone has other good chipset candidates, I'll put it on
> My List.
>
> dave...

Hi Dave,

I apologize a thousand times. In my sloppyness I didn't doublecheck
with your package. I wanted all but disparaging it.

BTW, inside your package you say:
> [*] TCP/IP is not supported, because it is not real-time, and there is
> no clear way to force it to be real-time.  If you don't believe me, feel
> free to try implementing TCP/IP yourself.  If necessary, an unlimited
> quantity of you-can't-do-that hubris can be provided as encouragement.

Because the initial question (for networking incl. tcp) seems to be quite
common, probably many (and definitely me) would gain if you found the time
to be a bit more verbose on that.

Thnaks
Wilken