Hello RTAI world

I just upgraded to RTAI 1.3 (Linux 2.2 16) using the Embedix CD and everthing seems to be working fine as far as compling my modules goes. I am however having a FIFO problem. Code that was previously working under RTAI 0.7 (Linux 2.2.10) is not working after my upgrade. Communication between kernel-space using rtf_put() and user-space using select() is no longer working properly. The select() function used in user-space remains blocked despite writing to the corresponding FIFO in kernel-space with rtf_put(). I should point out that communication in the opposite direction appears to work fine in that I am able to write to a FIFO from user-space and propely activate a handler in kernel-space.

Question: Does anyone know what may have changed between these two RTAI versions
               (or versions of Linux) that would be producing this problem? Any suggestions
               on how to narrow down what the problem is?

Thanks again and have a great Thanksgiving,
Daniel