Hi,

I'm using RTAI 1.6 with linux 2.2.17 (2.2.17-rthal3) and have a problem with a task
wich should run periodicaly
every 500ms.
I create two task, the one should run periodicaly, the other will be waked up from the
first.
After I  create them with rt_task_init, I set the oneshot_mode and call
start_rt_timer(0).
rt_task_resume starts the triggered task.
Then I call rt_task_make _periodic for the periodic task wich starts and runs till it
calls
rt_task_wait_period, AND NEVER AGAIN.

Using the period mode instead of the one shot mode,
a call to start_rt_timer (period) returns 0 and the call rt_task_make_periodic never
activates the task.
Also 'cat /proc/rtai/scheduler' causes a segmentation fault in this mode.

Using the one_shot mode 'cat /proc/rtai/scheduler' returns:
Priority  Period(ns)  FPU  Sig  State  CPUmap  Task
0         225006      No   No   0x5    1       1
1         0           Yes  No   0x3    1       2

Actually I develop on a PII400. My code has still run on a P166 embedded system using
the periodic_mode instead of the one_shot_mode.
My embedded system was running a older version of linux/RTAI. I'm not sure but I think
it was 2.2.16-rthal3.

Any Ideas?

TIA
Vasili