Hi,
so far things are really getting off on the wrong foot for me  :-)  I have
finally gotten Redhat 6.1 installed, but when I write a simple C program, I
can compile it and a.out is made in my directory, but I can not run it.
When I type a.out I get the following error:

bash: a.out: command not found

I know this doesn't relate to RT-Linux specifically, but I really can't
proceed until I get past this so any clues as to why this happens would be
greatly appreciated.

Jeff