> Hi.
>
> I am able to "control" (rather set) a servo with a primitive
> RTLinux-module.
>
> It is primitive and a user is still not able to actually "control" the
> motor, because I have had no success in deploying fifos at all,
> but this had been the original idea.
>
> It looks as if the fifo /dev/rtf[n] does not accept any input.
>
> Fifo creation is done by      mknod /dev/rtf[n] c 63 [n]

rtf are major 150 not 63, thats the old number for rtl2.0

> and the rtf_create()-function is working alright. This is not a
> Problem of RTLinux; ordinary ofstreams and ifstreams also fail to
> access the device (no error).
>
> The RTL-module reports successful creation of the RT-fifo but the
> fifo-handler, as expected, never notices new data.
>
> To the more experienced (newby-hardened) among you my mistake
> should be obvious.., please enlighten me. And thanks anyway, this
> list has already been a great help.

pleas run the example programs
examples/frank/frank_module.o  (kernel module)
examples/frank/frank_app       (user space app)

and

examples/measurements/rt_process.o (kernel module)
examples/measurements/monitor      (user space app)

both of these examples use RT-FIFO's for writing from user space to a RT-Thread
and from a RT-thread to user space.

hofrat