Hi All,
I am starting to develop my first realtime app which deals with data
acquisition, and have a few questions? I don't know whether I need hard
realtime or soft realtime! are there any guidelines that I can follow,
As I don't want overkill.

Basically I want to be able to use named semaphores and named shared
memory, but when I tried using them on my development machine , which
has the general kernel, ( Mandrake 7.2, kernel 2.4.5, cc 1.95.3). When I
try to use such functions (as mentioned above) I get the ENOSYS error.
Do I need the RTLinux kernel patch or can I just get a newer or more
complete version of the librt library ??

Also, if I need RTLinux, can I just apply a kernel patch to my above
setup, or is RTLinux an entire distribution?

Kind regards
Shane

----- End of forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----