Hi,
does anyone have any suggestions for umounting a small (about 30Mb) file
system from rtl space?
The user process is running in ramdisk and is subject to sudden power
loss. I would like to log some data on the partition, but must be
certain, that the system will start up without fsck.  My thought is to
install a rtl interrupt which then generates a soft interrupt which
umonts the disk. The power supply can detect power failure and generate
the interrupt.  I have measured about 20 ms before power drops below a
usable state.

Also, is it necessary that the file system be umounted, or is just
closing all open files?

thanks,

dan peters

http://www.rtlinux.org/