Dne 20. 11. 20 v 17:02 Pavel Valena napsal(a):
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 10:51:46 AM
Subject: Re: Ruby 3.0

What if we provided `%{ruby_vendorlibdir}/rbconfig.rb`, which would fix
the `CXX` as well as the rhbz#1284684? WDYT?
I'm not entirely sure how that'd work TBH.

Would it override the original `rbconfig.rb`? Would it just override some
entries? Or completely replace it?

The original rbconfig.rb would stay in place. But the `vendorlibdir` gets precedence on load patch, so it would be loaded first, later loading the original rbconfig and modifying what is necessary. It could possibly return values according to the current setup, i.e. provide `CONFIG['CXX']` when c++ compiler is installed, modifying the configuration options depending if the rpm-redhat-config is installed etc.

What's the advantage compared to modifying `rbconfig.rb`?

Modifying anything is problematic. Sed silently fails, patch fails to apply, etc ... But it would be options of course.

Anyway, if unsure, is there something (prefered solution) I could test at
least? (I'm not sure what's the best way to address that issue- more bellow.)

I don't feel like just simply overriding `rbconfig.rb` file in `%install` for
ruby. Also I'm not sure what would be the implications? (Apart from those test
packages building again.)

Vít