On 1/5/07, John W. Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Michael Koziarski wrote:
> > The 1.2 boat has sailed,  but perhaps there's room for something like
> > this in 2.0.  A few things to consider though:

Michael and others, any other thoughts on this? I'm eager to see it
applied.

Personally, I'm just not in favor of this.  I definitely see the
usefulness in something like Radiant, Mephisto, anything using
Engines, etc.  But, it seems like a waste of time for every other app.

What's cool about this patch is how you've got the important view
logic extracted into smaller methods such as
#lookup_template_base_path_for and #find_base_path_for.  Is there any
way that we can just extract that and allow this view_paths plugin to
work without any hardcore jiggery-pokery?

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net