> When you say a "waste of time" you mean you have performance concerns
> about it or something else? It would be simple to write a common plugin
> to make this work, but I thought plugins that depend on other plugins
> are discouraged.

Well, you can now order plugins whichever way you like in
environment.rb.  Plus, having it as a plugin now means folks can try
out the view_paths stuff without any commitment from core.  If it's
really not a burden, maybe the rest of the plugin can be added to
core.  Rails 2.0 is still a ways off.

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net