http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/10578

This is a +3 patch that would add an option :path_substitute
(originally :path_replace) to map.resources.

This helps in creating customised URL's irrespective of what the
resources were called.

For e.g. if I want to keep my resources in English, but the URLs to
talk spanish, then:

  map.resources :products, :path_substitute=>'productos' do |product|
    product.resources :product_reviews, :path_substitute =>
'comentarios'
  end
  map.resources :tutors, :path_substitute=>'tutores' do |tutor|
    product.resources :tutor_reviews, :path_substitute=> 'comentarios'
  end

These will yield paths like the following:

  productos/:product_id/comentarios
  tutores/:tutor_id/comentarios

People liked the patch but were wondering what the key should be
called as?

Suggestions on trac were:

:path_replace (original patch)
:path_substitute (current patch)