I agree that rack is a good idea and while I don't completely agree
with it's interface, i really like the premise of a common web-server
to framework abstraction in the ruby world.

As jeremy pointed out it's unfortunate that rack seems to be
succumbing to early feature creep. If the project could be split into
a basic dispatching library and a tools library there would be a good
chance for inclusion into ruby standard library.

--
Tobi
http://shopify.com       - modern e-commerce software