Hey everyone,

We're closing in on the release of the Rails 3 beta. At the moment, we're
focusing on finalizing a number of APIs, including the new Railtie API,
generators, the bundler, the new notification system, and a few more things.
In all of these cases, the core code has been written, and we're seeing how
it feels to use the APIs in real plugins and applications, tweaking as we
go.

In short, we're pretty close to releasing a beta. We'd like the beta to be
our best-attempt at feature/API complete, with the explicit acknowledgement
that once a lot more people start working with the code, gaps and errors
will need to be corrected.

If you're aware of any gaps or errors that exist today in areas like
ActionController, ActiveModel, or ActiveRecord, please let us know so we can
make sure to get them corrected before the release. Feel free to take a look
at the work going into Railties as well, but be aware that it's still
undergoing rapid API refinement, and most obvious gaps are on the short list
to resolve before the beta.

So... if you have any patches for master, now's the time!

Yehuda Katz
Developer | Engine Yard
(ph) 718.877.1325