I'd also like to wrap up a patch re-enabling streaming params parsing.
I have it started (http://gist.github.com/281693) and am in the
process of figuring out how to write the tests - given we need to
ensure the backends work when parsing from a Rack-compatible IO
object. Josh set me off in the right direction so I expect to be done
soon.

Also, I've had a ticket open for a while to officially get the yajl-
ruby backend in Rails core as one of the supported JSON decoding
backends. I can supply a patch for that soon as well. Fwiw, my fork of
technoweenie's yajl-rails plugin (enabling it as a backend) is up to
date as of rails 2.3.5 and from what I can tell in the code in Rails 3
it may be compatible with it as well. http://github.com/brianmario/yajl-rails.
The link to the yajl-ruby ticket is:
https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2666-yajl-ruby-as-a-json-parsing-backend

-Brian