I followed down the path of why my app was bringing in 'minitest' in
production and noticed that activesupport has a dependency on minitest.  I
wondered why it wasn't a development dependency and then it dawned on me
that it was necessary for ActiveSupport::TestCase.

What does the core team think about breaking the testing-related stuff out
of activesupport into a separate gem?  It would eliminate the dependency on
minitest and could load (probably a trival amount) of less code for
production Rails apps.  Is this a good idea and a worthwhile thing for me
to spend some time on?  Is this much more work than I think it might be?

Thanks in advance!
Brian