Hello,

There is no evidence that it is being used a lot. But there is this,
https://www.npmjs.com/package/base91  (< 100 downloads till now).
And this, a research paper,
http://www.iiis.org/CDs2010/CD2010SCI/CCCT_2010/PapersPdf/TB100QM.pdf
Seems pretty interesting.

there is 7.7% (of Base64’s encoded data) cut off in data traffic, transfer
> time, transfer cost, at the same time there is saving our society some
> energy, if employing Base91 instead of Base64 as encoding for network data
> transfer with huge data

We never know how much of a performance boost it provides or what downsides
this has, unless we try it out ourselves.
Let me know what you guys think.

Warm regards,
Sushruth

ᐧ