Hi Justin, thanks for the response, I did read your great article a few days ago, thank you :) I also noticed this conversation: https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/17226 So it seems there are already some improvements for rails 5 however it seems this is still considered an internal feature and not so much a user facing feature, is this still the case? Thanks for linking to the comments on your website I took a quick look at https://github.com/kenn/enum_accessor interesting indeed.

Thanks again!
Stefano

Justin Gordon <mailto:justin.gor...@gmail.com>
May 22, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Hi Stefano,

Thanks for your comments. I would have contributed a PR, but I didn't get any suggestion from the core members that this would make sense. It seems like they are working on something for Rails 5.

Consider posting: http://forum.railsonmaui.com/t/enums-and-queries-in-rails-4-1-and-understanding-ruby/118/6

Aloha,

Justin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Core" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rubyonrails-core/Ot-rSeo2Yvk/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to rubyonrails-core+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:rubyonrails-core+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-core@googlegroups.com <mailto:rubyonrails-core@googlegroups.com>.
Stefano Schiavi <mailto:stef...@bvprojects.org>

I thought of bringing up in this thread a few points related to conversations such as: https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/13971

Is there any plan to make enum so that it can be used 'to expose user-facing attributes' ? It would be really awesome to use this kind of optimizations not just for managing the internal states of the application.

Thank you for the awesome work
Stefano

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Core" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rubyonrails-core/Ot-rSeo2Yvk/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to rubyonrails-core+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:rubyonrails-core+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-core@googlegroups.com <mailto:rubyonrails-core@googlegroups.com>.

Expanse of intelligence
When we release our hold on the stream of data involved in conventional thinking —conventional ideologies about everything, including science and technology and all the constellations of data associated with those things— we open up an expanse of intelligence that contributes directly and profoundly to the benefit of all in every single area of human knowledge.

Candice O' Denver, Founder
www.BalancedView.org <http://www.BalancedView.org/?utm_source=stef&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=oi>