Hi. The entire Bundler really, really appreciates feedback. Thank you for
letting us know about the problems that you have experienced, and we will
take this feedback into account when making development decisions.

In the future, please give feedback in a way that respects the time and
effort we spend to provide you with a tool that you can use for free. Since
you decided not to do that in this case, this will be my only reply to this
thread.

Finally, I wanted to clarify a few things. Some of the statements in your
email are either rehashing very old questions and concerns that have been
answered repeatedly, and some are just incorrect:

On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 11:29:57 PM UTC-7, Borna Novak wrote:

> 1. using :git is a hack, you should publish private engines to
> rubygems.com

I have never suggested that you publish private engines to rubygems.org. It
is a limitation of RubyGems that prevents gems from depending on git gems.
That has nothing whatsoever to do with Bundler.

> 2. using :path means "you handle packaging"

Using the path option means that the files are available on the filesystem.
There's no need to copy the files to somewhere else if they're already on
the filesystem.

> 3. not updating rails engine dependencies when you want to patch a piece
> of code from the engine is simply hard and not going to happen

If you want to update an engine without updating all of its dependencies,
you can either update the version in your Gemfile or use `bundle update
--source GEMNAME`.

Again, we appreciate feedback about Bundler, and we're happy to receive it.
However, the Bundler code of conduct applies to the Bundler issue trackers.
Please file tickets without personal attacks if you want to start a
conversation. Taking your reply full of personal attacks and posting it to
the Rails core mailing list is not helpful if your goal is to find a
solution to your problem.