  From: Greg Newman
  To: rubyonrails-deployment@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:31 AM
  Subject: [Rails-deploy] Re: what is the best linux version for rails project

  I'll have to agree with Robby as far as Postgresql for database.
  We use redhat enterprise 5 here (not cheap) but Fedora is close to it; after
all fedora is the testing distro for Redhat.

  On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Mahalingam Mr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Pokkai Dokkai wrote:

    > what is the best linux version for rails project ?

    upto my knowledge Ubuntu is doing good with updates, communities and
    forums

    >  and what is the best databse for rails project ?

    in case of database it is MYSQL..

    Mahalingam
    Sr.Sys.Admin
    Railsfactory