Hi Ryan,

On Jul 2, 2008, at 17:01 , Ryan Gahl wrote:

> It probably has something to do with the fact that you are defining
> the getter/setter statically on the class itself, where in the
> second example, you are actually defining them at the instance
> level, which is what you want.

I don't intend to have them defined on the class itself. I define them
on MyClass indeed, but when I do "MyClass = Class.create(MyClass)", I
think that should have copied class members onto the MyClass
prototype, isn't that right?

I guess the issue there is that these special __defineGetter__ and
__defineSetter__ members are not recognized by Class.create() and thus
aren't copied onto the prototype.

Antoine