I have autocompleter.local set up to pull a list from a database.
Here is the situation:

-type "a" in the text box. all possible entries are displayed
correctly.

-select "apple" by highlighting and CLICKING IT WITH THE MOUSE.

-the text box now shows "apple"; which is correct

-delete contents from text box and type "t". all possible entries are
displayed correctly.

- select "tiger" by highlighting it and PRESSING THE "ENTER" KEY

-instead of "tiger".... "tigeriger" is displayed.

my best guess is that the onClick sets an attribute that the
Event.KEY_RETURN doesn't like.  I'm not sure if this is case specific
or a bug that slipped through the cracks. any insight would be
appreciated.