Hi,

I got stuck by some window to window communication issue.

I have a main window witch open a popup window with window#open
method. The popup contains a small form.

In onsubmit handler ot that form I generate a custom event, say
'vera:euChosen', with a complicated memo.

I fire it with
  Element.fire(window.opener.document, 'vera:euChosen', memo);

I also do
  document.observe('vera:euChosen',refToMyHandler);

in parent window. Now I get a result I do not understand.

When the event is fired, the refToMyHandler(evnt) is executed, but
the evnt is of type 'dataavailable' and there is no trace of my memo.

Am I doing something wrong, or one just can't pass a custom event
between two windows (even if the firing window is opened by the
listening window)?

I tried also to fire the event on a popup window and listen on it.
I tried both window.document documents and I always get dataavailable
and not my custom event.

How can I transwer my memo object to my main window (window.opener)
without knowledge of any js function or element of main window in my
popup window? I need to use this popup in several pages, and would
like just to pass my data, to any main window. Main window's scripts
should decide what to do with them.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Szymon Wilkołazki