Even before this last mail, my suggestion would have been trying
without firebug. I have hit a different problem (http://
code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=650) which I'm sure is firebug
(it is generating an extra HTTP request, rather than failing to submit
one). All I've been able to think of doing is put a note on the page
that it might not work correctly with firefox/firebug: since this is
an internal website, not many users are likely to have fb.