Yes, I did read through his points.  Did you read my response, basically
saying that a SaaS application is not much different from any other typical
Rails application?  Indeed, that is true, as I've experienced time and time
again in building and deploying my own SaaS applications, and in seeing
others deploy theirs.

The one point that he did ask about that is specific to SaaS applications is
the database design behind multi-tenant applications, and this is the point
that I chose to address.  Again, it is true, that it is a simple matter of
using Rails' association scoping to achieve the desired result of having all
customer data in one database but easily restricting the queries so as not
to allow one customer to view another customer's data.  Futher, I mention
the SaaS Rails Kit because it is relevant to the question.  This product
demonstrates rather clearly how to use Rails' association scoping to achieve
that outcome.  While the SaaS Rails Kit does provide a billing system, it is
not just a billing system, but an example of framework of how to build the
type of application that was the subject of the original author's inquiry.

--
Benjamin Curtis
http://railskits.com/ - Ready-made Rails code

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Victor Al <[EMAIL PROTECTED]