Ramon - Fetching the current_user in the Journals controller doesn't
solve the issue, unless I'm misunderstanding you. The current_user is
set to in instance variable called @user so @user.id would be equal
to :user_id within the route. When I call @journals I'm using the
relationship to grab the journals suchas @journals = @user.journal.
The question is really about the routing not about getting the user_id
in question. I'm trying to take advantage of the restful routes such
as user_journals_path and all that but without the need to have /
users/:user_id in the url.

Does anyone have any experience in doing something like this?