Thanks Andrew.

I will take a look at qmail -- I hadn't even heard of it before.

Google is involved because I really like the gmail system for my
corporate email.  They have excellent spam-fighting, and well, gmail is
just the best in my opinion.

I've been investigating the following system:

Incoming Mail
-------------
Internet -->
Domain Host (1and1.com) Mx Records -->
Some kind of router on my domain (sendmail or qmail??) -->
if (mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED])
  (route mail to sendmail/ActionMail on my domain)
else
  (route mail to gmail using gmail's Mx records)
end

The key thing is that all incoming mail is routed to my domain which
then bounces the relevant mail to gmail.

What is the best program / method to check incoming email's "to" address
and route the email accordingly?

Is this a reasonable thing to do?