Andy wrote:
> Buy the Ruby Pickaxe book.
> Buy Agile Web Development with Rails (wait for next edition)
> Find a hosting company that supports RoR if you need hosting. Use
> mod_rails to deploy.

I bought both of these books as PDF's from the Pragmatic Programmers
site.  I have dual monitors so I really liked this setup.  Textmate in
one window and my PDF in another.

I also have access to a color printer and a binder at work.  So I
printed out the Active Record, Action Controller, and Action View
chapters and bound them into 3 separate little books.  They fit nicely
into my laptop case and has been a really neat tool to help me reinforce
what is going on in these 3 important pieces of rails.  I have to think
about the MVC design pattern to grab the right book to find what I am
looking for.

The 3rd edition is out in PDF as a beta from their site now if you want
to get started; same with the new Pickaxe book.

Good luck!  I'm having a great time.  :)