On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Phillip Koebbe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Neurochild wrote:
>> So I put both methods on one files and load them in the environment?
>> That's it.
>
> Right. Here's the skinny on how I do it:
>
> I have a file
>
> {RAILS_ROOT}/lib/pg_ext.rb
>
> that contains the methods. Then, at the bottom of
> {RAILS_ROOT}/config/environment.rb, I have
>
> require 'pg_ext'
>
> Remember to restart the server or console after making changes to the
> environment.

You can also use the dependency loading facility of rails.
Write a module in the lib directory :

# #{rails_root}/lib/pg_ext.rb
module PgExt

  def foo
  # ...

And simply call `PgExt.foo` in the migration file. No configuration needed.

--
Gabriel Laskar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>