You don't seem to understand how this all works together.  Your rails
code on the server has nothing to do with the javascript that runs in
the browser other than what html and javascript that it might
generate.

There is nothing you can do in Rails that you also can't just hard
code in a simple html file, which you keep insisting shows the wrong
date.

It sounds like you just have some bad javascript code.  Have you tried
dropping in any one of the 10,000 javascript samples available from a
basic google search?

--
James Mitchell