PS.  Actually I've just seen in this RailsCasts episode that Ryan
seems to have a nested model controller that does translate the parent
& child model data from the form to parent model and its association
(child model).  Am I missing something Frederick re whether you may
have been wrong here?

   Link = http://railscasts.com/episodes/73-complex-forms-part-1