On 6 January 2012 01:10, Daisy Di <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote in post #1039519:
>> On 5 January 2012 02:53, Daisy Di <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>>> dont have this column,and i cant change any thing in the database,how to
>>> resolve this problem?Thanks .
>>
>> A way to resolve the problem is to stick to the rails conventions for
>> id columns and so on.  That is the best way unless you have a legacy
>> database and *really* cannot change the schema.
>>
>> Colin
>
> Hi Colin,
> i really have a legacy database and cant change anything......
> thanks very much

In that case some of the clever stuff in Rails may not be available to
you, you may have to do them 'by hand' so to speak.  I don't know
whether there is a way of using build in the way you want in your
circumstance.  The alternative is just to create the object
explicitly.  I expect you have already googled for
rails legacy database
to get as far as you have.

Colin