On 14 January 2012 16:59, Fritz Rodriguez <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote in post #1040834:
>> On 14 January 2012 04:12, Fritz Rodriguez <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> class NameAlias < ActiveRecord::Base
>>> belongs_to :work_order
>>> has_many :sub_tasks
>>> end
>>>
>>> class SubTask < ActiveRecord::Base
>>> belongs_to :name_alias
>>> belongs_to :work_order
>>
>> This should be belongs_to :through name_alias.  It must mirror the
>> has_many sub_tasks :through in work_order
>>
>> You should really have started a new thread for this as it is nothing
>> to do with the original post.
>>
>> Colin
>
> Colin, Thanks for your reply and my apologies regarding proper placement
> of the is post.
>
> I believe you said the SubTask model should mirror through in
> work_order?
>
> class SubTask < ActiveRecord::Base
>  attr_accessible :name_alias_id, :work_order_id, :status, :title
>
>  belongs_to :name_alias
>  belongs_to :work_order, :through => :name_alias
>
>  accepts_nested_attributes_for :name_alias
>  accepts_nested_attributes_for :work_order
>
> This produced a "Unknown key: through" error? Not sure I place the
> association in the correct model, I have attached a file for reference.
> I appreciate your help!
>
> Attachments:
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6910/has_many_through.txt

By the way, in the attachment you have multiple default scopes for
WorkOrder.  I think only one is allowed.  You can order by multiple
fields in one scope of course if that is what you want.  Be careful
with specifying the order in default scope though, it is not possible
to override this (or at least it did not used to be possible) as the
default scope order is applied *after* any others.

Colin