On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM, edward michaels <micah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, you don't declare the restful routes in your controller
> though, right?

In the case I showed, I _do_ declare the default RESTful
routes in the config/routes.rb (they are set there by the
rails generator):

$ cat config/routes.rb
ApplicationName::Application.routes.draw do
  resources :orders

 The error that I'm getting specifies that there is no
> 'show' action like this:
>
>       ActionController::RoutingError:
>       No route matches {:controller=>"users", :action=>"users/1"}
>
> So it's looking for a 'users/1' action but of course it's not going to
> find it in the controller.

Did you try `rake routes` to inspect the details ?

$ rake routes | grep order | grep show
                order GET    /orders/:id(.:format)
orders#show

HTH,