On Feb 9, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Christopher Jones wrote:

> By stating params in the model as
>
> def set_wishlist(params)
>
> It returns the error of: wrong number of arguments (0 of 1).
>
> If I was to try and call the create method from wishlistController
> through the user model, how would I go about calling it?
>
> I have not had he experience of doing such thing before.

I don't think you can, but you can do an after_filter on create, in the
controller:

  after_filter :foo, :only => :create
  private
  def foo
    @word.update_attributes(:notes => 'FOO!')
  end

I just did this and it worked. You would have access to the variables you set
in your create method. Apparently these after_filter beasties fire before any
redirect is called.

Walter