On 8 March 2012 03:44, yellowreign <ryanac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:37:58 AM UTC-8, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 7 March 2012 15:33, Ryan Chin <ryanac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread,
>> insert you reply into the previous post at appropriate points.
>> Thanks.
>

>> > They're using different environments - development is on my PC,
>> > production
>> > is on Heroku.
>>
>> And the answers to my other questions?
>>
>> Colin
>
> Hi Colin, I think you're right.  I'm running 1.8.7 locally, but my Heroku
> stack is 1.9.2.
>
> So my next newbie questions is how do I get my current local app to use the
> 1.9.2 that I installed (downloaded from http://rubyinstaller.org)?  Is there
> some place to map my development environment to the new 1.9.2 install?
>  After I installed Ruby, I went into the command prompt to run rails s, and
> I got this message, "report_activate_error: Could not find RubyGem rails
> <>=0
>
> I tried searching, but couldn't find anything except
> this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2741180/how-do-i-upgrade-from-ruby-1-8-6-to-1-8-7-on-windows

Sorry, if you are on Windows I can't help.  Most Rails developers use
Linux (I use Ubuntu) or Mac.  You will have to hope someone here who
uses Windows can help, or alternatively (which would be my suggestion)
set up your machine to dual boot Win and Ubuntu, or run Ubuntu in a
virtual machine using VirtualBox or VMWare.

There is however the question of why you are using
american_date_monkey_patch (which I know nothing about) since it seems
to be that that is causing the problem.

Colin