Hi, I was just wondering if there was any mechanism in rails 3 to
programmatically change the database targeted by active record? I'm
asking about this so as to be able to take advantage of database
replication to provide a fail over strategy. Beyond that it would also
make load balancing slave databases easier.

I'm making use of PostgreSQL if this changes anything.

Actually any information dealing with database failure recovery would
come in  handy.