On 8 July 2012 07:33, sehrguey o. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Javier Quarite wrote in post #1067748:
>
>> You can send an empty array or whatever you want, or maybe you can
>> handle
>> that in the controller
>
> Walter Davis wrote:
>
>>You could kink the form to only submit if there is a value in the search
>>field, you would do that with JavaScript. Something like this (inline)
>>or better you would use Prototype or jQuery to write an unobtrusive
>>handler.
>
> O weh, dear sirs,
>
> If I could I would but before I should know the way to. Presently I
> consider your enlightened talk with awe like some heaven dwellers'
> parlance incomprehensible for mere mortals.
> OK. I asked Google about sending arrays in rails and got another bowl of
> geek-talk and changed 'else find(:all)' to whatever I wanted just to be
> punished for transgressions of convention over configuration.
> Then I added unobtrusive addition to form_tag which seasoning brought no
> changes to conventional displaying of everything not searched for.
>
> Of course, RoR has means and ways to solve a petty problem like this
> one. The only queston is` 'where to discover?'

I would start by working right through some good Ruby tutorials (to
understand the language better) and also through some good Rails
tutorials (railstutorial.org is good and is free to use online) to
understand the Rails magic.  Take a week out to do that and then you
should be good to tackle a multitude of problems.

Also monitor this list.  Any time that you understand the question
then follow the replies and attempt to understand the answers.  That
way you will learn a lot.  In no time you will find yourself answering
questions.

Colin