Hello community,

This is my first post and first time getting into ruby on rails.  I am a
novice and ran into rails when experimenting with Spiceworks.  I decided
to learn rails since Spiceworks was built off this technology and I
wanted to learn more about how Spiceworks runs in the background.  Well
things spead up pretty fast on getting features to work since certain
things do not run out the box.  I know to do something big you need to
start small but I do not have the luxury because of time constrants. I
bought a book Agile Web Development with Rails and got to chapter 6 in
one day because it has been that addictive. I never liked command line
until this language.

I can pick up the syntax soon enough but I want to at least get one
skill down because I will need to demonstrate the advantage of using
this technology in my enviroment versus something I already created in
.net.

Is there some step by step tutorial to connect to an external database
that runs off of SQLite.  Spiceworks runs off SQLite and we have data I
want to pull into my site.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Remember I am a novice =)