On 27 July 2012 11:13, sumit srivastava <sumit.theinvinci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> During customizations I have used password as the column where encrypted
> password shall be saved. So I created my own attr_accessor, i.e.,
> passwordtext. I have named the password_field_tag in my form as
> passwordtext. But when I do so, it is not executed. Instead if I rename the
> password_field_tag and the attr_accessor as password only, it is executed
> but the stackerror comes in.

All of this info would have been very helpful in your OP.... anyway...

... what happens when you try this:

  def passwordtext=(pass)
    @passwordtext=pass
    self.salt = User.random_string(10) if !self.salt?
    self.password = User.encrypt(@passwordtext, self.salt)
  end

If it's still overflowing, can you post the error message again (since
the model has changed since your first post this morning) and the
corresponding method from the controller, as it might be something in
there behaving weirdly.