Like I said, most ruby/rails developers do not use an IDE, as it isn't
necessary at all. When you start working with the console, you'll be much
faster and more efficient than you will with an IDE.

Install ubuntu on a virtualbox, run RailsReady (make sure you select to install
with RVM, when RailsReady asks you) and you're good to go. It shouldn't take
you more than 45 minutes from opening virtual box to starting to work on rails
with everything installed.

If you are not good at using the terminal, you will improve when you start
using it. If text flies by, scroll up to read it. If its unreadable, increase
your font size. Copying is usually Control+Shift+C, at least in the ubuntu
terminal. Select text with your mouse and you can even right click and click
copy.

Getting support on Windows is a really hard thing, and it's like trying to fit
a car engine in a motorbike, so why not go native on Linux?

Dheeraj Kumar