Dheeraj,
       And others...  I am now convinced to use Linux/Ubuntu in my VirtualBox
installation.  I followed the tutorial that was posted earlier.  Colin, on this
list, recommended this posting:
http://blog.sudobits.com/2012/05/02/how-to-install-ruby-on-rails-in-ubuntu-12-04-lts/
I’ll have to lookup that link and try to find it again.  I did everything in
the tutorial, got all the way to the bottom... where it says “Now you can see
your installation of test_app and there is a smiley face.  I try that very last
step, where everything above it worked fine and so I go to my browser, enter
http;//localhost:3000
There might have been a directory, I’ll have to dig up that tutorial link.
Whatever it said for where to go in the browser is where I went.  It says
“Cannot display page...”
Not found... etc.
       Now in the course I took online at Lynda.com, called “Up and Running
with Linux for PHP Developers.”  The location where we would be installing
software is giving me an error saying I don’t have permission to use that
directory.  It is /media/sf_sandbox/
I did try the sudo command in front of cd to go to that directory and it said
it didn’t recognize sudo cd.  It is both embarrassing and very frustrating that
it continues to take me so long to get this working.  After all this time, I
STILL don’t have a rails install that I can browse to.  I’ve never ever had
this kind of problem with anything, any programming language or language
environment.
Thanks,
Bruce