So I am using rufus-scheduler to call a controller which in turn calls an
email receiver to check emails...

In my controller, I have an instance method called checkEmail

In my rufus config file, I have to call MyController.new.checkEmail.  Now I
set it to run every 5 minutes.  So the system creates a new MyController
instance every 5 minutes.  That's very inefficient right?

I guess I can change the instance method to a class method.  That would
solve the efficiency problem right?

What else can I do?  Are there some advanced features in rails to mange
object instance more efficiently?

Thanks!