Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Fahim Patel <pafa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me know which one is best for debugging ?

Pry is a cross-over REPL (IMO) that replaces IRB and not Ruby
Debugger. I say it's cross-over because it supports some of what Ruby
Debugger does with addons and sometimes even built and also supports
all of what IRB does with some enhancements such as tab completion,
code spacing and syntax highlighting as well as supporting an easy way
to tap into an object with an REPL easily.  There are also other
things like the ability to show the source of a class, a method and
source around where you are (if you are in a method.)

> Is either Pry or Ruby Debug  ?

It's too much to compare Pry to Ruby Debugger because nothing can
replace Ruby Debugger in some cases but if you were throw Pry against
IRB for pure Ruby code it's going to be Pry all the way IMNSHO.

Nothing beats throwing binding.pry in the middle of everything and
figuring out what's going on from a "live" server, such as times when
something is going wrong in a model or controller or a decorator I
will throw a binding.pry in there and visit the page and follow the
tracks all the way down the line until I run into that line that is
causing the problem and then test what fixes it, write a test and fix
the code with the edit command and go on about my day.

> Also explain advantage of your selected gem  ?

That's something you have to figure out for yourself but I listed some above.