On Friday, 12 October 2012 10:33:05 UTC-5, Fahim Patel wrote:

> As we use binding.pry , but we use same debugger in ruby debugger.
> And as per my knowledge debugger do same thing as binding.pry.If not than
> explain ?

They do.  But there is a distinction in that one's only goal is to debug,
the other is a cross-over tool who is stuck between deciding on if it's a
REPL or a debugger.  By nature it has debugging tools but by theory it's
just a more advanced way to test concepts without needing to jump in and
out of the terminal (unless you use VI or other) to test ideas.

Most at #pry will probably not deny that Pry is a Debugger just as they
will most probably not deny that Pry is a REPL which makes it a tranny (I
had to) cross-over tool.  I remember Banister working hard to bring more
debugging tools into Pry but I haven't talked to him for a while so I don't
know if that's still the case.

So to address your question, I prefer Pry 90% of the time, I test all my
concept code in Pry before writing it so I can work out pieces of the idea
and make sure they are as bug free as possible without full testing, I also
use it to debug pieces of code.  So hopefully this explains what I mean.