Hi Marc,

Yes, the processing will block mongrel, but you should have more than one
mongrel (either using Passenger, or straight apache load balancing). The
bigger question is can your user wait 30 seconds for the response? There
are ways to run the process on a separate thread, but I haven't had to do
that yet.

Yes, libXML is *much* faster than REXML. We are in the process of changing
our code, but the XML code is entwined so far through our app it is a big
job.

Cheers
Simon