On 02/16/2013 07:07 AM, Slava Vishnyakov wrote:

I'd like to ask why is Rails fixing it's version, like gem 'rails', '3.2.12' ?
Given the recent attacks on Rails - wouldn't it be more secure to not fix the
version?
Maybe have something like '~>3.2.12' ?

While I agree, I don't see a valid complaint considering you should be running bundle outdated yourself a couple of times a week and manually adjusting your Gemfile, even if it has ~> that is not an excuse not to manually adjust your versions so that if you have to start with a blank Gemfile.lock you don't end up with the older version first.

That said that's just me, I would never update without updating my Gemfile too. If you really feel like having this issue fixed please file a ticket at http://github.com/rails/rails/issues/new